An Additional Handling Surcharge will be assessed for any package that requires special handling,
determined by OnTrac in its sole discretion, including, but not limited to:
- Any article that is not fully encased in corrugated cardboard, including but not limited to
wood, hard plastic, soft plastic (e.g., plastic bag) or expanded polystyrene foam (e.g.,
- Any cylindrical-like item, such as a barrel, drum, pail or tire, that is not fully encased in a
corrugated cardboard shipping container.*
- Any package routed through the OnTrac irregular package sortation process.
- Any other package that requires special handling, as determined by OnTrac in its sole
For a package that meets multiple criteria listed above, only one Additional Handling charge will be
assessed, in the following order: Weight, Length, Width, Packaging. An Additional Handling charge
not be assessed when an Over Maximum Limits Surcharge or Large Package Surcharge is applied. OnTrac
also reserves the right to assess the Additional Handling Charge for any package that:
- Length: Any package with the longest side exceeding 48 inches;
- Width: its second-longest side exceeding 30 inches; or
- Weight: Any package with an actual weight of > 70 pounds
*If this applies to your shipment, you will see "Irregular Shape/Package" on your invoice
instead of "Additional Handling."
$18.50 per package
When an address provided to OnTrac is incorrect or incomplete for purposes of completing delivery,
OnTrac may correct or complete an address based on information obtained from the shipper or
In such instance, an Address Correction Surcharge will be applied.
$19.50 per package
Over Max Limits
Packages with an actual weight or dimensional weight of more than 50 pounds, as measured to
their billable weight, are not accepted for transportation. If found in the OnTrac system, they are
subject to an additional charge.
$700.00 per package